Try a Class at Wesley
By offering daytime, evening, weekend, and online courses Wesley allows you to explore the Christian tradition, world religions, artistic expression, faith and politics, and much more.
Use this page to explore our current and upcoming course offerings, browse our frequently asked questions, or click here to schedule a campus visit today!
During the spring and fall semesters, you can take foundational courses in biblical studies, try your hand in the arts, or delve into how our spiritual and religious convictions shape political dialogue.
Spring 2018 registration will begin on October 16, 2017. The Spring 2018 semester runs from January 17 to May 4 2018. The spring *J-term runs from January 2nd to January 12th, 2018 (read below for information on J-term).
J-term courses are offered as an intensive before the spring semester starts. Students registering for J-Term courses should be aware that they will have reading and pre-course work before the J-Term starts.
More information on J-Term is available at https://www.wesleyseminary.edu/academics/academic-calendar/j-term/.
- Introduction to Hebrew Bible 2 (Day or Evening class)
- Introduction to New Testament: Epistles (may be taken on campus OR Online)
- Suffering, Meaning, and Spirituality
- Bioethics and Pastoral Care
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer and a Christian Ethic of Resistance (J-Term 2-wk Intensive)
- World Religions as Resource for Christian Theology and Church Ministry
- Spiritual Formation: Chinese Christianity, Buddhism, and Daoism (J-Term 1-wk Intensive)
- Faces of Jesus in Global Christianity & World Religions (Online)
- Foundations of Christian Spirituality (Evening class)
- New course offering:Ethical Dilemmas Everyday Life (evenings at Floris United Methodist Church at 13600 Frying Pan Rd, Herndon, VA 20171)
- Paradigms & Practices of Public Theology(Public Theology Certificate)
- Exploring Sexual Issues in Ministry
- Scripture in Literature(Hybrid- 8 classes on campus/Online)
- Art for God’s Sake: Art, Visual Culture And Christian Understanding (Hybrid- 3 classes on campus/Online)
- Foundations of Religious Freedom (Online)-Newseum, Religious Freedom Center(Scholarships Available)
Registration for Summer 2018 classes begins in March and the term is from May 21 to August 3, 2018. View our previous summer 2017 schedule: Summer 2017 - Course Schedule for New Students
Short-term, intensive courses are available throughout the summer and are a perfect way to dip your toes in the waters of seminary! Options include The Spirituality of Prayer, held in the evenings over the course of two weeks; or Biblical Storytelling, a week-long daytime course.
Registration for Fall 2018 classes begins April 2, 2018 and the term is from August 27 to December 15, 2018. View our previous fall 2017 schedule: Fall 2017 Course Schedule for New Students
Do you have additional questions? Please click on our Frequently Asked Questions below for more information. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn About Life as a Full-time Wesley Student
Our Window on Wesley days and Welcome Table evenings are designed to give you a window into the Wesley community. Attend chapel, sit in on a class, talk with students, and gather admissions and financial aid information. Learn more and register.
We’d love to help you find the learning or visit opportunity that’s right for you. Contact the admissions office at email@example.com or (202) 885-8659.