Course of Study School
The Course of Study School is a program of the United Methodist Church. The General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, located in Nashville, TN, is responsible for over sight of all of the Course of Study programs across the country. Wesley Theological Seminary is the Regional School for the Northeast Jurisdiction and is responsible for a summer and weekend program on campus as well as two satellite schools and an extension school in the Upper NY Annual Conference.
The Course of Study Program at Wesley Theological Seminary is an experiential and classroom learning process for licensed local pastors. To be eligible to attend Course of study you must:
- Be a local licensed pastor and approved by the district committee for your area.
- Have completed license to preach school through your conference.
- be appointed to a local church
- have a high school diploma or higher education
Wesley offers the Course of Study in various formats.
- Residential program during the month of July
- Weekend program in Washington DC with a new session starting quarterly
- Satellite schools in the Eastern PA and New England Annual conferences
- Buffalo Extension School in Upper NY Annual Conference
For more information please contact Sara Sheppard 202-885-8688