Writer's Swag Bag
Wesley realizes that no two students require identical writing support. Therefore, the Writing Center integrates course instruction, workshops, office consultations, and online resources to equip students with writing tools particular to their needs. We call the process of discovering and using personalized writing helps as the Writer's Swag Bag.
Throughout the year, form guides, citation helps, grammar gifts, and a hoard of handouts for writers will be uploaded to this space. All Wesley seminarians will have access to this information and are encouraged to download what you need for writing assignments and research. Collecting your writing tools in one location facilitates them to be accessible when you need them most!
Start with Critical Thinking for Critical Writing for a visual course in questions to answer for a critically engaging paper. Scan or download In Other Words* synonym helps to advance your argument, and replicate GO! graphic organizers to guide paper readability. Bookmark Writing Resources from other excellent writing programs.
What's in your Swag Bag? #writerswagbag
In Other Words--Citations:
When you tire of STATING what the author STATES, consider
introducing citations with synonyms that sizzle aka
descriptive verbs which best assert your point!
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Blooms Critical Thinking Cue Questions
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Active Voice
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Transitions aka "Links & Leads"
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Introduction & Conclusion
- Socratic Questioning: Bloom's Taxonomy of Higher Thinking
- Bloom's Taxonomy Verbs
- Socratic Questioning: Bloom's Taxonomy Active Verbs
- Socratic Questioning: Developing Thesis
- Video: The Anatomy of the Assignment