Writer's Swag Bag
Wesley realizes that no two students require identical writing support. Therefore, the Writing Center integrates courses, workshops, office consultations, and online resources to equip students with writing tools particular to their needs. We call the process of discovering and using personalized writing helps the Writer's Swag Bag.
Throughout the year, form guides, citation helps, grammar gifts, and a hoard of handouts for writers will be uploaded to this space. All Wesley seminarians will have access to this information and are encouraged to download what they need for writing assignments and research. Collecting your writing tools in one location puts them at your fingertips when you need them most!
Start with Critical Thinking for Critical Writing for a visual course in questions to answer for a critically engaging paper. Scan or download In Other Words* synonym helps to advance your argument, and replicate Graphic Organizers to guide research and readability. Use the Citation Generators as often as you need. Use the Virtual Writing Tutor as a fresh set of eyes to catch final errors before you hit submit.
What's in your Swag Bag? #writerswagbag
In Other Words--Says, States:
Introduce quotations with synonyms that sizzle aka descriptive verbs
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Blooms Critical Thinking Cue Questions
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Active Voice
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Transitions aka "Links & Leads"
- Master's Thesis Supplement: Introduction & Conclusion
- Socratic Questioning: Bloom's Taxonomy of Higher Thinking
- Socratic Questioning: Bloom's Taxonomy Active Verbs
- Socratic Questioning: Developing Thesis
- Video: The Anatomy of the Assignment