Your PMM Application Process
Are you an M.Div. seminarian who plans to graduate in 2024? Will you have completed the basic 24 credit hours of your program (including courses MM101 and MM102) by the beginning of the summer term 2022 or fall term 2022? Are you an M.A. or M.T.S. seminarian who wants to do elective PMM? If you answered “yes” to any one of these questions, then please begin the PMM process by completing a PMM Interest Form and attending a PMM Information Meeting (click on the first tab below).
If you are interested in starting PMM in Summer or Fall 2022, please indicate that interest and sign up to attend one of the two PMM information meetings via the form below. For more information, please contact the PMM office by email at PMMAssistant@WesleySeminary.edu.
Your PMM Seminarian Placement Application and Leadership Fitness Questionnaire is due by Feb. 1 regardless of whether you are seeking a summer or fall placement. See information below for questionnaire submission. Your applications may be submitted via email or by bringing a copy to the office (PMMAssistant@WesleySeminary.edu; suite K-107). Note: If you are requesting to do your PMM where employed, then you will need to submit your Petition to do PMM in site where employed with your application.
*Seminarians will not be placed at their home church unless already employed there.*
For you Leadership Fitness questionnaire:
- Follow the directions on the form. If you have questions, please contact PM&M.
- To submit use this link: Secure Questionnaire Submission, which will be active until June 11, 2022.
- Complete the online form with your first and last names and your email address, then press continue.
- Follow the directions on the screen, then press "send your file".
- Once your form has been reviewed, it will remain in this secure location where it is visible only to the Director of PM&M, the Assistant Director of PM&M and the Program Administrator for PM&M.
*All seminarians seeking to participate in PMM MUST complete this form.*
The PMM Interview Day will be held in future. You will schedule to interview with site(s).
If you are seeking fall/spring internship placement, please contact and interview with approved PMM sites of interest directly. Ask to be added to the list by contacting the PM&M office.
If you have discovered a site of interest, you may ask the PM&M office to share site information that may be sent to any potential sites.
During your interview, take time to learn more about the site and its opportunities for ministry engagements and discuss what you are seeking to learn and share calendar particulars and internship expectations for yourself and the site. Share with the site that your learning team--intern, clergy partner, and lay partner--will need to attend orientation during the coming summer months.
Once you identify a site that is able to provide your educational needs and is willing to partner with you, then solidify your paperwork. More information on paperwork solidification may be found through the accordion section on this page titled: "Solidify your PMM placement by the appropriate deadline".
Starting in January, site profiles may be accessed on Blackboard using course MM-001 PMM Ministry Setting Profiles.
For access to approved PMM site profiles or for consultation, please contact the PM&M Office on PMMAssistant@WesleySeminary.edu.
Solidification includes having brought the PMM office the following by the appropriate deadline:
1) an approved site (congregation or non-profile) with the associated completely filled out and signed Site Application & Agreement From (with the forms for both learning partners: for congregations: a clergy and a lay learning partner profile and for non-profits: a mentoring and a site learning partner profile);
2) written confirmation of interest from the seminarian that names the site and the term (i.e. Summer 2022 or Fall/Spring 2022-2023); AND
3) written confirmation of interest from the site that gives the potential intern's full name and the term (i.e. Summer 2022 or Fall/Spring 2023-2023).
⇒Tip: It is best to submit paperwork two weeks prior to deadlines.
Please note: Site/Profile Applications are reviewed after receipt; site approval is not guaranteed.
For Summer PMM, the placement solidification deadline is April 1.
Please Note: There are typically no extensions granted for summer PMM deadlines.
For Fall/Spring PMM, the placement solidification deadline is May 1.
Please Note: Seminarians requesting a fall/spring deadline extension MUST be in conversation with the PMM Office prior to May 1. The extended deadline, by prior approval, for solidifying a Fall/Spring placement is June 1. Seminarians will not be able to participate in the fall/spring colloquy groups if PMM Placements are not finalized by June 1.
*Seminarians will not be placed at their home church unless employed there.*
Interns are required to attend both the spring and fall colloquy meetings in order to participate in their summer PMM internship:
- The spring meeting will be 4 pm - 7:15 pm on Friday, April 27, 2022.
- The fall meeting is 9 am - Noon on Monday, August 29, 2022.
The dates for the summer PMM internship are June 19 - August 21, 2022 (35-40 hours/week).
Course Registration: When registering for summer classes, PMM 1 interns must register for course MM-347 and PMM 2 interns must register for course MM-348. Place yourself on the waitlist for your respective course.
PMM Orientation is required for all learning partnership members at the same session. The learning partnership should plan to attend ONLY ONE ORIENTATION TOGETHER (June 11 OR July 23 OR August 25). If orientation of all members - intern, clergy partner, and lay partner - are not completed by August 28, 2021, the course will remain in wait-list status and the PMM placement cannot go forth.
Please be mindful of the deadlines to register for orientations:
- Friday, May 27, 2022 is the deadline to register for the Saturday, June 11, 2022 PMM Orientation.
- Friday, July 8, 2022 is the deadline to register for the Saturday, July 23, 2022 PMM Orientation.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2022 is the deadline to register for the Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022 PMM Orientation.
Registration will be available in the next accordion tab entitled "Register for a PMM Orientation (for approved fall/spring placements only)."
PMM Orientation is required for all learning partnership members at the same session. The learning partnership should plan to attend ONLY ONE ORIENTATION TOGETHER. If orientation of all members is not completed by August 25, 2022, the seminarian cannot GO FORTH in their PMM requirement.
For Summer PMM interns, please register your team for the June session (optional).
Please be mindful of the deadlines to register for orientations.