- Order through Oak Hall! Order online at: https://wesleyseminary.shopoakhalli.com
- The deadline to order regalia is March 16, 2020 for students outside the US and April 15, 2020 for those in the US
- If you plan on walking in the commencement ceremony, you must purchase regalia.
- If you do not order regalia, you will not be eligible to walk in the commencement ceremony.
- The cost is $45.80 for master's regalia and $85.80 for doctoral regalia.
- Please contact the registrar's office if you have any questions.
- Regalia will be mailed directly to you at the address you provide.
- Please do not use the Registrar's Office as your address.
- International doctoral students might also pick up regalia the morning of commencement.
Due to space constrictions, you will receive a limited number of tickets.
Requesting Extra Tickets
- In mid-April, a Blackboard site is set up for graduating students to request extra tickets from your fellow graduands.
- You can post messages to your classmates either requesting or offering extra tickets.
- This site is the only avenue to request extra tickets.
- You can pick up tickets beginning April 15, 2020.
- In order to receive tickets, you need to complete the:
- ATS graduate student questionnaire
- Library services survey
- Graduate Contact update form
- Settle your account with the business office.
- Order Regalia
The registrar's office will release tickets only to you, the graduand.
Directly to Cathedral:
From Tenleytown-AU Metro
Take the Metro Red Line to the Tenleytown/AU station. Exit on the west side of Wisconsin Avenue. Take any 30 series bus (30N, 30S, 31, or 33) going south on Wisconsin Avenue. Ride approximately 1 1/2 miles until you reach Woodley Road; the Cathedral is on your left. (This is a downhill walk, if you prefer to walk.)
From Dupont Circle Metro
Take the N2, N3, N4, or N6 bus until you reach the corner of Massachusetts and Wisconsin Avenues. Walk north on Wisconsin 1/2 block to the Cathedral.
From Woodley Park Metro
Take a 96 or X3 bus toward Tenleytown. Get off the bus at the corner of Woodley Road and Wisconsin Avenue. The Cathedral is on the east side of Wisconsin Avenue.
For more information on Metro, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website at www.wmata.com.
From Wesley Seminary to Cathedral:
From Wesley the Cathedral is accessible by taking the N4 buses that run Southbound on Massachusetts Ave. You disembark at the intersection of Wisconsin and Massachusetts, which is the southside of the Cathedral.
Below are some links for public transportation around Washington, DC.
At the Cathedral:
The Cathedral does have an underground parking garage; however it has a limited amount of space, costs $22, and will likely fill up early. We request that only those with special needs rely on the underground parking lot at the Cathedral since accessible spaces for individuals with disabilities will likely go quickly. Please note that it takes a while to exit the parking garage. For more information, please click on this link:
Near the Cathedral:
There are also spots available in local parking garages. The parking garage at Cathedral Commons, located a couple of blocks from the Cathedral at the junction of 38th St. NW and Macomb St. NW, is $15 to park for 2-3 hours with a maximum charge of $25. (This is the garage for the newly constructed Giant store).
From Wesley to Cathedral
There will be shuttle buses running from Wesley to the Cathedral starting at 12:15 PM. The last shuttle leaves Wesley at 1:40 pm. They will return after the Commencement service. The last shuttle will leave the Cathedral for Wesley at 5:15 pm.
Shuttles running to and from the Cathedral are not handicap accessible.
Pre-Commencement Dates & Events
- January 2020: Regalia ordering opens on the Commencement website.
- March 2020: Graduation fee ($200) will be applied to graduand accounts.
- March 1, 2020: Last day to notify the Registrar's Office if graduating in absentia.
- March 16, 2020 Last day for international students to purchase regalia online.
- April 15 2020: Ticket pick-up opens in the Registrar's Office.
- April 15, 2020: Any outstanding balances must be settled with the Business Office.
- April 15, 2020: Last day to purchase regalia online.
- May 7, 2020 4:30 pm Graduate Eucharist, Oxnam Chapel.
- May 7, 2019 Graduate Orientation after the Graduate Eucharist, Oxnam Chapel.
- May 9, 2020 Masters Graduate Reception after Graduate Orientation, Refectory.
Commencement Day Timeline - Monday, May 11th
- 8:30 am Doctoral of Ministry Breakfast
- 10:00 am Morning-of Doctor of Ministry Graduate Orientation.
- 9 – 11 a.m. Ironing boards available in KG-01.
- 1:00 pm Graduands are expected to be at Commencement site.
- 2:00 p.m. COMMENCEMENT.
In order to pick up tickets, you must complete the: (opening in March)
- Graduate Student Questionnaire
- Library Services survey
- Graduate Contact Update form
These surveys help us gather information necessary for accreditation standards and guide efforts to improve future students' experiences.
- Complete all surveys before picking up tickets, and provide proof of completion (either a printout or your phone).