Fire Drill Procedures
Each year the campus and residence halls will have four scheduled fire drills.
The following items are prohibited from our campus residence halls in the name of fire safety.
- Firearms, ammunition and air rifles are strictly prohibited.
- Stoves and refrigerators are provided by the seminary in the unit. Washers and dryers are provided by the seminary in each building. Major appliances are not permitted.
- Do not leave rice cookers plugged in if you are leaving your apartment or a community kitchen.
- Personal property, including bicycles, strollers and other children’s toys may not be left at any time in hallways, stairways or lobbies.
- Locks may not be changed or installed without prior permission of the seminary.
- Alcohol use is restricted to individual rooms and apartments. No public consumption of alcohol is permitted.
- Space heaters and halogen lamps are not permitted on campus!
- Candles and other open flames are not permitted due to the fire hazard they pose.
- Smoking is not permitted in any campus buildings.
Please see the emergency preparedness manual for student housing evacuation procedures in the event of a fire.
Each semester, the director of facilities will educate campus residents regarding fire evacuation procedures.
If a fire should occur, it should be reported immediately to the resident manager on duty after it is extinguished. The fire should then be reported to the housing director and the director of facilities.