Gente Latinx Seminarians Association (GLSA)
Our purpose is to bear Latinx public witness through the promotion of public service and cultural awareness of the Latinx community. Our purpose is executed by means of a mixture of social, political, academic and worship activities.
Hispanic Heritage Month
(Sept. 15 - Oct. 15th)
- Hispanic Heritage Month worship service - We celebrated a wonderful worship service on Sep. 28th. If you missed it you can still watch it here: https://www.facebook.com/wesleyseminary/videos/400227741727088
This year we will initiate the GLSA amigo/a program where any entering student can be connected to a GLSA member for mentorship. If interested please email us at GenteLatinxSA@ gmail.com. Gracias!
- Decolonizing Latinx Identity in Academy-
When: October 26th, 2021 at 6:00 pm EST.
Join us in an initiative of the Latinx students from Wesley Theological Seminary, Boston University School of Theology, and Drew Theological School.
We will listen to Dr. Jonathan Calvillo, Assistant Professor of Sociology of Religion (BU). We will exchange our ideas, concerns, and ways to support one another, as we seek to keep true to our identities as Latinx students.
For the 2020 -2021 academic year the GLSA E-board is:
- Co-Director - Talina Sarmiento Beck
- Co-Director - Alina Saucedo Paucara
- Treasurer - Cassandra Núñez
- Secretary - vacant
- Publicity - Jennfier Mauras Rivera