Gente Latinx Seminarians Association (GLSA)
Our purpose is to bear Latinx public witness through the promotion of public service and cultural awareness of the Latinx community. Our purpose is executed by means of a mixture of social, political, academic and worship activities.
Hispanic Heritage Month
(Sept. 15 - Oct. 15th)
GLSA will be celebrating HHM with a few key events and we invite everyone to participate.
Specifically, this year we will initiate the GLSA amigo/a program where any entering student can be connected to a GLSA member for mentorship. If interested please email us at GenteLatinxSA@ gmail.com. Gracias!
Todos estan Bienvenidos / All are Welcomed to
- GLSA Study Tips session - Todos / All are welcomed to share study tips/consejos with first year students. Tuesday, September 15, 2020 @ 5:15pm-6:15pm via zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82372353859
- Hispanic? Latino/a? Latinx? who are we? - Join GLSA members as we discuss the origins of Hispanic/Latino and our views on the matter. All are welcomed Monday, Oct. 12, 2020 at 5:15pm via zoom - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88428615613
- General Body Meeting - Tuesday, October 13 2020 at 6:30pm via zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88271354417
- Bible Study Latinamente, Postponed to Fall 2020 semester - We are honored to have Rev. Chauncey is a Chicano PhD student in Old Testament at Princeton Theological Seminary. His work focuses on critical race theory, theories of ethnicity, and literary readings of the Old Testament.
For the 2019 -2020 academic year the GLSA E-board is:
- Yenny Delgado - co-director
- Alfredo Santiago - co-director
- Jennifer Mauras Rivera - secretary
- Marcela Jarman - treasurer
- Talina Sarmiento Beck - publicity