Admission to any Wesley degree program requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college. In addition, applicants for the Doctor of Ministry program must hold a Master of Divinity or equivalent from a seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, and must have completed three years of ministry experience prior to entering Wesley's Doctor of Ministry program.
Admission is based on academic achievement and the Seminary's ability to meet applicant's goals, as well as on your personal and professional qualifications for Christian ministry. Previous academic achievement should reflect a grade point average of at least 3.0 at the graduate level.
1. Complete the on-line application form in all detail and submit the $60 processing fee.
2. Submit four essays:
- A brief biographical statement that describes your career in ministry in chronological order
- A personal evaluation of your professional competence
- A statement on how you use your seminary education in the practice of ministry, especially studies in Bible, theology, and church history
- Your reason for pursuing a Doctor of Ministry degree at Wesley.
3. Request that official transcripts from all junior colleges, colleges, universities, or seminaries you have attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
4. Five references; download the recommendation request form and ask your referrers to submit them to the Office of Admissions.
October 15 - Application deadline for tracks beginning in January
February 15 - Application deadline for all tracks beginning in May
Doctor of Ministry tracks are limited to 20 candidates. You are encouraged to apply well in advance of the deadline.