Wesley Theological Seminary offers 50% travel reimbursement for prospective students (including newly admitted students) traveling over 200 miles or more to visit our campus one-on-one or for one of our open house events.
You may be eligible for reimbursement for the following events:
- One-on-one Campus visit
- Project Transformation Weekend (receive 100% reimbursement up to $400 for current and previous Project Transformation interns)
- College Day (receive 100% reimbursement up to $350 for prospective students and sponsors)
- Window on Wesley
- Welcome Table
- Admitted Student Day
- Wesley Weekend
- Prospective Student Events offered through the Institute for Community Engagement and the Office of Development
See the reimbursement procedure below or click on the link to request your reimbursement.
Ready to complete the Request for Travel Reimbursement?
Please be sure to read the procedure below to review the maximum total reimbursement amount. Reimbursement requests are subject to approval.
Wesley Theological Seminary offers travel assistance or reimbursement for prospective and newly admitted students traveling over 200 miles or more to visit our campus during a one-on-one visit or to attend an on-campus event (see the eligible events above). Assistance is for individual prospective students and individual group sponsors of prospective students ONLY. Parents and/or spouses, although invited and welcome at our events, are responsible for the costs of their travel arrangements.
- Register for the event that you will be traveling to; Full event attendance is required to qualify for reimbursement. Read below for full details.
- Send an email to Admissions@wesleyseminary.edu to confirm if you are eligible for travel assistance including your method of travel and estimated amount.
- Only prospective first-time or first-year students and transfer students are eligible for reimbursement.
- Requests for travel reimbursement must be made no later than 30 days after a Wesley event.
- Carpooling & ride sharing are strongly encouraged.
- Parking at our events is free of charge (although a parking pass is required and may be obtained from the Office of Admissions).
- Maximum total reimbursement amount: $350 per prospective student/official sponsor†.
- Next, complete the Request for Travel Reimbursement Form found here.
Please complete the Request for Travel Reimbursement and include any associated receipts for travel.
Email all gas and/or flight receipts to Admissions@wesleyseminary.edu, with the Subject line "Travel reimbursement receipt":
- Flight or Uber/Lyft receipts must include the event attendees name and the dollar amount of the purchase.
- One-way driving directions may be accepted in lieu of gas receipts for (IRS mileage rate 58.5 cents per mile) mileage reimbursement
- Original receipts are not required but readable copies must accompany reimbursement requests
Eligible expenses include:
- Ground transportation to and from airport
- Airport parking for up to one 24-hour period
- Charter Bus (ie Greyhound) and Amtrak
- Public transportation (Metrorail, MARC, Metrobus etc)
- Car mileage in excess of 50 miles each way
You will receive a travel reimbursement check in the mail within 1-2 weeks. One travel reimbursement check will be awarded per prospective or newly admitted student.
†Reimbursement requests are subject to approval. The traveler must obtain the required approval for flights and other forms of transportation exceeding $250/one-way prior to departure or prior to incurring expenses. We reserve the right to increase travel assistance based on situational circumstances and to refuse reimbursement for spending which exceeds the total estimated expenses or for requests that were not previously approved.