Wesley Theological Seminary offers 50% travel reimbursement for prospective students (including newly admitted students) traveling over 200 miles or more to visit our campus one-on-one or for one of our open house events.
You may be eligible for reimbursement for the following events:
- One-on-one Campus visit
- Project Transformation Weekend (receive 100% reimbursement up to $400 for current and previous Project Transformation interns)
- College Day 2020 (receive 100% reimbursement up to $300 for prospective students and sponsors)
- Window on Wesley
- Welcome Table
- Admitted Student Day
- Wesley Weekend
- Prospective Student Events offered through the Institute for Community Engagement and the Office of Development
See the reimbursement procedure below or click on the link to request your reimbursement.
Wesley Theological Seminary offers travel assistance or reimbursement for prospective and newly admitted students traveling over 200 miles or more to visit our campus during a one-on-one visit or to attend an on-campus event (see the eligible events above). Assistance is for individual prospective students and individual group sponsors of prospective students ONLY. Parents and/or spouses, although invited and welcome at our events, are responsible for the costs of their travel arrangements.
- Register for the event that you will be traveling to; Full event attendance is required to qualify for reimbursement.
- Read the reimbursement procedure below for full details.
- Send an email to Admissions@wesleyseminary.edu to confirm if you are eligible for travel assistance including your method of travel and estimated amount.
- Next, complete the Request for Travel Reimbursement Form found here.
Eligible expenses include:
- Ground transportation to and from airport
- Airport parking for up to one 24-hour period
- Charter Bus (ie Greyhound) and Amtrak
- Public transportation (Metrorail, MARC, Metrobus etc)
- Car mileage in excess of 50 miles each way
Upload all gas and/or flight receipts into the Travel Reimbursement Request form.
- Flight receipts must include the event attendees name and the dollar amount of the flight.
- One-way driving directions may be accepted in lieu of gas receipts for (IRS mileage rate-$0.535) mileage reimbursement
- Original receipts are not required but readable copies must accompany reimbursement requests
After submitting the form you should receive a confirmation email confirming the receipt of your request and informing of the processing time for reimbursement.
- Requests for travel reimbursement must be made no later than 30 days after a Wesley event.
- Lodging & meal expenses cannot be reimbursed. This does not include complimentary campus housing or Admissions hospitality related off-campus lodging (see more below). Continental breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner are often provided at most of our events.
- Carpooling & ride sharing are strongly encouraged.
- Parking at our events is free of charge (unless otherwise noted for Wesley Downtown events).
- Maximum total reimbursement amount: $300 per prospective student/official sponsor†.
Please complete the Request for Travel Reimbursement and include any associated receipts for travel. You will receive a travel reimbursement check in the mail within 1-2 weeks. One travel reimbursement check will be awarded per prospective or newly admitted student. Only prospective first-time or first-year students and transfer students are eligible for reimbursement.
†Reimbursement requests are subject to approval. The traveler must obtain the required approval for flights and other forms of transportation exceeding $250/one-way prior to departure or prior to incurring expenses. We reserve the right to increase travel assistance based on situational circumstances and to refuse reimbursement for spending which exceeds the total estimated expenses or for requests that were not previously approved.
Guest housing: Free, on-campus housing is only available with reservations made at least two weeks prior to your visit. Guest apartments are the size of one-bedroom units, with a maximum 2 adults, or 1 adult and 1 child capacity. We may reserve up to 2 units max. Housing assistance may be available for guests who register after the two-week window. Please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org.