Religion and Science: Pathways to Truth
Dr. Francis S. Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health, hosts this ground-breaking series in which over a dozen leading scientists, theologians, and philosophers explore the contrasts and similarities between religion and science. This group of experts considers if and how religion and science might coexist and even complement one another in the 21st century.
- Introduction – Francis S. Collins (26:29)
- Friends or Foes? The Story of a Complex Relationship – David A. Wilkinson (25:31)
- Truth in Science and Religion – Philip Clayton (29:42)
- God and Nature – Keith Ward (31:32)
- Creation and Evolution – Darrel Falk (26:27)
- What Does it Mean to be Human? – Warren Brown (28:14)
- The God of Hope and the End of the World – John Polkinghorne (27:09)
- Genetic Science and the Frontiers of Ethics – Ted Peters (29:21)
- Concluding Bible Study on Creation Care – Beth Norcross, Denise Dombkowski Hopkins, Bruce Birch, Susan Willhauck, & Kendall Soulen (32:00)
Religion and Science is a mid-level course that does not require a background in science to understand it. Each lesson is freestanding, so it is easy to adapt the course to your particular needs.