A Life Worthy of the Gospel
How can we live lives worthy of the Gospel in the 21st century? Dr. Sondra Wheeler examines models for Christian ethics found in the Bible and in the writings of Augustine, Martin Luther, and John Wesley. She then explores how each model offers insights into living faithfully in a modern consumer economy.
- Introduction: A Christian Way of Living? (20:51)
- Scripture: The Story that Forms Us (23:53)
- Augustine: Ordering Our Loves (25:20)
- Luther: The Spirit of Christian Life (14:13)
- Wesley: Transforming Grace (21:41)
- Conclusion: Learning from Our Traditions – A Test Case (26:42)
This is a mid-level course that is packed with rich content. A background in ethics is not necessary for understanding.