A Conversation about Loss and Hope
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Kenwood Country Club
5601 River Rd, Bethesda, MD 20816
Rev. Drema McAllister-Wilson, minister for the Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church’s congregational care will lead the discussion about the journey of grief. Rev. McAllister Wilson holds a masters of divinity from Wesley Theological Seminary located in Washington, D.C. She has more than 30 years in teaching and ministering about spirituality and end-of-life care as a chaplain, death educator, end-of-life coach, minister of congregational care and social worker. She received certification in thanatology at Hood College in Frederick, Md.
- Learn the physical, emotional, mental social and spiritual dimensions of grief.
- Understand the difference between grief and mourning.
- Learn about reconciliation needs/tasks of grief.
- Learn about the grief experience of “anticipated loss” and “sudden loss.”
- Explore the transformative aspects of grief.
Time: 9:30 a.m. Registration. 10:00am -12:00pm – Conference, followed by lunch
Cost: $35.00 (includes a three-course lunch). Pre-registration is required.
Register online: Go to http://www.sibley.org/community/events/
Professionals can earn two continuing education (CE) credits for an additional $10 paid at the registration table at the conference.