We are currently accepting applications for graduate students to work at the Newseum in the following fields of study:
- Videography / Audio Visual Production
- Distance Education
- Higher Education Administration
- Law and Religion
- Religion and Education
- Religion and News Media
- Religion and Human Rights
Public Scholars Project Fellows
Public Scholars Project Fellows are resident researchers who work from the Newseum on a joint initiative of the Public Understanding of Religion Committee of the American Academy of Religion and of the Religious Freedom Center of the Freedom Forum Institute.
Religious Freedom Center (RFC), housed inside the Newseum, is a non-partisan, non-sectarian, national initiative focused on educating the public about the religious liberty principles of the First Amendment. Our center seeks to cultivate three competencies:
- Legal literacy, so that people understand the history, meaning and significance of the religious liberty principles of the First Amendment;
- Religious literacy, so that people understand recognize how religion operates in people’s private and public lives; and
- Civil dialogue, so that we are able to have informed, respectful conversations about legal and religious issues that are important.