Campus Housing FAQ

How do I get something fixed in my dorm room or apartment?

If you have a repair that you need to report to our maintenance staff for your dorm room or campus apartment, please complete the Maintenance Request Form. Please do not use this form for emergency repairs. If you have an emergency (involving water leaks, fires, or other serious problems) during office hours (8:30am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm, Monday-Friday) please call the office as early in the day as possible at 202-885-8612. The maintenance staff hours are 7:30 - 3:30, so if we do not receive notice of your request for repair and it is not an emergency, it may take longer to complete. If you have an emergency during non-office hours, please call the Resident Manager on duty at (202) 246-8251.  If there is no answer, please leave a detailed message. Resident Managers usually respond to phone calls within five minutes and they are required to be within thirty minutes of campus. Once they respond they will be able to advise you of what best to do.  If you have not received assistance with your emergency within two hours, please try back again.

IN THE EVENT OF A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY - PLEASE CALL 911 FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. If you notice a fire within the building and are able to safely extinguish the fire with the fire extinguisher, please do so. If not, please pull the fire alarm, evacuate the building, and make sure that 911 has been called.

What do I do if I am locked out?

During office hours (8:30am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm, Monday-Friday), please come to the Housing Office, located in Trott 105 to check out a loaner key.  Loaner keys are available for thirty minutes to allow you to unlock your room/apartment, locate your keys and return the loaner to the Housing Office.  If you are locked out when the office is closed, please call the Resident Manager on duty at (202) 246-8251.

How can I reach the Resident Manager on Duty and how can they help me?

Resident Managers can be reached by calling the RM Phone at (202) 246-8251. Please realize that resident managers are also full-time students and are usually involved in church-related activities. If the Resident Manager on duty does not answer when you call, leave a message and you will receive a call back within 30 minutes.

I heard there is a Food Pantry on campus. What is it and how does it work?

The Wesley Food Pantry is located on the ground level (one level down if entering through the parking lot doors) of Straughn Dormitory, just outside of Welliver Lounge.  Stocked through donations from the community and the United Methodist Women's Guild, the food pantry is a resource for Wesley students in need.  We welcome students to use the pantry as needed and to replace items when students are able.  Items are usually stocked weekly or bi-weekly by the Housing Office during the Spring and Fall months and include only non-perishable foods.  Certain items are kept in plastic containers with locking lids to maintain freshness.  Please use the Food Pantry only in true need, remembering that there is always one more needy than you.  Oftentimes, food will also be labeled "Community" and left in either of the two Straughn community kitchens.


Wesley Theological Seminary   Wesley Theological Seminary  |   4500 Massachusetts Avenue, NW  |  Washington, DC 20016  |  PH: 202.885.8600  |  FX: 202.885.8605  |   Privacy
Web Site Management Sign-in | Wesley's Facebook Page Wesley Theological Seminary on Twitter Wesley Theological Seminary on Flickr Wesley Theological Seminary on Google Plus!