Spring Housing Process for Current Residents

Graduating, Notice of Intent to Vacate, Renewal or Request for Changes


Once a year, beginning sometime in March until April, current residents must notify the Housing Office of their housing plans beyond the end of the Spring semester. Students must do so by completing and submitting an online form indicating their plans for May and beyond. Changes after this notification are discouraged, but must be discussed with the Housing Director. Residents must indicate one of the four possible housing intentions. Please see below for more detail regarding each.

Graduating Students

Current residents who will be completing their studies and participating in the Monday, May 12, 2014 Commencement celebration must indicate that they are graduating on their Housing Renewal Form. Graduating residents of the NRH are eligible for a move-out extension of Monday, May 12, 2014 at 10:00am.  Graduating residents of Carroll awaiting appointment in the United Methodist Church may request a housing extension through June 30, 2014.  Graduating residents of Birch should indicate their graduation status on the form, but are contracted residents until June 30, 2014. Failure to notify the Housing Office of graduation status could hold up the housing deposit return process.

Notice of Intent to Vacate

Current residents who are planning on permanently vacating their housing must do so in conjunction with their rental contract. NRH residents are scheduled to vacate their space on Friday, May 9, 2014 by 1:00pm. Carroll residents must vacate their space on Thursday, May 15, 2014 by 1:00pm. Birch residents must vacate their space on June 30, 2014 by 1:00pm. Students should complete the form to indicate their intent to vacate their space. Failure to give notice of intent to vacate could result in a withheld housing deposit.


Current residents who wish to maintain their exact current housing assignment may do so either continuously (so long as they maintain eligibility), or in the NRH, after vacating for summer terms to return for Fall and Spring semesters. If vacating for summer terms, students must vacate their space in conjuction with their rental contract (see dates listed under Notice of Intent to Vacate, above). Students will need to complete the Housing Renewal Form to notify the Housing Office of their desire to stay (or return, if vacating for summer) and indicate appropriate terms.

Is your roommate leaving? That's okay. You can renew your housing arrangement and we will assign a new roommate to you. Or, you can select another current resident to be your new roommate instead of having one assigned to you. In that case, you should complete the Renewal Form indicating that you'd like to renew your room and your desired roommate should indicate a requested change. 

Requesting a change

Current residents who would like to remain in campus housing but would like to request a change to their current housing assignment (for example, moving from an NRH double occupancy to a single occupany, a single occupany to an efficiency apartment in Carroll, or a Carroll one-bedroom to a Carroll two-bedroom, etc.) may also do so on the Housing Renewal Form.  Please indicate your request and know that these requests are made in order of both receipt and need (if you are a single student requesting a two-bedroom apartment, you will not be assigned to a two-bedroom apartment even if your application is submitted before others').  Please also know that Wesley will not allow a lateral move (for example, moving from a Carroll one-bedroom to a different Carroll one-bedroom apartment).  The one exemption to this policy would be if a resident completely vacated his or her space for the summer terms and moved back in as a new resident in the Fall.

All requests will be considered once the Housing Renewal window has closed in April. Students will be notified of any new housing assignments by email in mid April and move-in arrangements made following that. Carroll re-assignments are typically made for Summer II or Fall to allow time for a complete turnover.

Wesley Theological Seminary   Wesley Theological Seminary  |   4500 Massachusetts Avenue, NW  |  Washington, DC 20016  |  PH: 202.885.8600  |  FX: 202.885.8605  |   Privacy
Web Site Management Sign-in | Wesley's Facebook Page Wesley Theological Seminary on Twitter Wesley Theological Seminary on Flickr Wesley Theological Seminary on Google Plus!