Professor Weems is the Wesley Seminary Distinguished Professor of Church Leadership and Founding Director/Senior Consultant of Wesley's G. Douglass Lewis Center for Church Leadership.
- Millsaps College, B.A.
- Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology, M.Th.
- Wesley Theological Seminary, D. Min.
- Baker University, D.D. (honorary)
- Central Methodist University, D.D. (honorary)
- Millsaps College, D.D. (honorary)
- High Yield: Seven Disciplines of the Fruitful Leader (with Tom Berlin), Abingdon Press, 2014
- Overflow: Increase Worship Attendance & Bear More Fruit (with Tom Berlin), Abingdon Press, 2013
- Focus: The Real Challenges Facing The United Methodist Church, Abingdon Press, 2012
- Bearing Fruit: Ministry with Real Results (with Tom Berlin), Abingdon Press, 2011
- Church Leadership, Revised Edition, Abingdon Press, 2010
- The Crisis of Younger Clergy (with Ann A. Michel), Abingdon Press, 2008
- Take the Next Step: Leading Lasting Change in the Church, Abingdon Press, 2003
- Leadership in the Wesleyan Spirit, Abingdon Press, 1999
- John Wesley's Message Today, Abingdon Press, 1991