Anna Adams Petrin is an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church and a scholar who specializes in the history and practice of Christian worship. Dr. Petrin’s research and teaching interests include liturgical studies (liturgical history and sacramental theology), spirituality, and ecumenism. In addition to teaching courses in worship, she serves as Chapel Elder, a role focused on nourishing the seminary community through regular gatherings of prayer and praise.
- B.A., North Carolina State University
- M.Div., Duke Divinity School
- M.T.S., University of Notre Dame
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- “Reconsidering the ‘Egyptian Connection’ in the Anaphora of Fourth-Century Jerusalem.” Studia Patristica 92 (2017): 65-76.