To help congregations reach beyond their walls with worship, community events, ministries, and service, the Lewis Center for Church Leadership offers the free download 50 Ways to Take Church to the Community. This resource offers practical tips congregations can use to meet community members where they are and move them toward discipleship.
50 Ways to Take Church to the Community provides information on these topics:
- Embrace an expansive concept of community
- Prepare spiritually
- Get to know the community surrounding your church
- Listen and learn
- Build authentic relationships
- Turn your existing ministries outward
- Reach out through community events
- Extend your congregation’s spiritual presence beyond church walls
- Connect spiritual outreach to community service
50 Ways to Take Church to the Community is available at http://www.churchleadership.com/50ways. Additional downloads, including 50 Ways to Take Church to the Community, 50 Ways to Welcome New People, 50 Ways to Increase Worship Attendance, and many more are also available.
The Lewis Center for Church Leadership of Wesley Theological Seminary is a resource for clergy, lay, and denominational leaders. Through resources, research, and teaching, the Center supports visionary spiritual leaders in addressing issues crucial to the church’s faithful and fruitful witness.